My weekly digest of sites, blogs, tools and other URLs which I’ve recently bookmarked for personal reference.
- The Five Minute Guide to Becoming a Freelance Software Developer | Software by Rob
- Business and Morality in a Free Society – by EDWARD YOUNKINS (NOVEMBER 01, 1997)
Few would deny that capitalism is the most productive and efficient economic system, especially after the collapse of Soviet Communism. But some critics still contend that capitalism is not a moral system..
- The Exceptional Beauty of Doom 3’s Source Code
This is a story about Doom 3’s source code and how beautiful it is. Yes, beautiful. Allow me to explain.
- Damian Conway on the State of Perl, Perl 6, Writing Parsers and DSLs
Damian Conway explains where Perl 5.x is used today and why (hint: the CPAN library repository), and what Perl 6 offers: modern OOP, an optional type system, libraries for parallelism and concurrency, and very powerful built-in tools for parsing..
- Personal blog of Alan Juden
I’ve been married since September 2006 to Sarah. We had our son Landon in February 2009 and daughter Adelyn in June 2011. I’m a senior software developer at EPC, Inc. in St. Charles, Missouri.
- Minimalist Java – metabroadcast.com
One of the great things about Java is the number of libraries available. It can be tough choosing the right ones, but we think we’ve got a great set which let’s us write just enough, and not too much, code. We like to call it Minimalist Java.
- Memory functions in C – CyberPlus India
Discussion about the use of basic memory functions in C