J. BOBBY LOPEZ
- Problem and scenario analysis
- Systems and technical solution design and architecture
- Work with Chef / Ruby / Openstack / Docker / Jenkins / Nexus / Gitlab
- Work with Confluent Kafka / Zookeeper
- Consulting to development and operations on various projects
- DevOps resource management and technical leadership
- Process Engineering and Refinement
- Continuous Integration, Testing, Monitoring, and Measurement
- Increasing Deployment Speed and Regularity
- Faster Developer/Operations interactions and on-boarding
- Continuous Delivery to Production environments
IT LEAD, DEVOPS AND PRODUCTION OPERATIONS
- Technical Lead for both Production Operations and Development
- Operations (DevOps) at Ethoca, reporting to the Director IT Operations.
- Spear-heading initiatives around DevOps principals, automation and Release Management
- Leveraged several solid productivity enhancing orchestration, automation, and virtualization tools and
platforms such as VMware vSphere, Ansible, Sonotype Nexus, Jenkins, Jira and Confluence on Linux-
based operating systems (Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS).
SENIOR BUILD AND RELEASE MANAGEMENT ENGINEER
RBC CAPITAL MARKETS
2013 – 2014
- Programmed automations in Ruby, Python, Perl, Bash, NSH, and Batch.
- Tasked with design and development leadership for next-generation release management core-framework to integrate BMC Release Process Management, Bladelogic, Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence, Maven, and Sonotype Nexus.
- Designed reports and automations to enhance audit management and compliance processes.
- Maintained 10-20 deployments per day to a mix of production, UAT, QA, and development environments.
- Supported a mix of applications and platforms including Java (Maven, ANT), .Net (Nant), C++, Linux.
DEVELOPER ANALYST, GLOBAL SUPPORT OPERATIONS
- Designed web-based quality assurance applications.
- Project lead of software tools inventory project spanning remote regions globally (NASA, EMEA, APAC).
- Developed web-based reports and graphs.
LEAD DEVELOPER, BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE SOLUTIONS
2011 – 2013
- Led team in top-down conception, design, development and
- maintenance of custom internal web-applications and tools. Analyzed work-flow and built automated processes.
- Rapid prototyping of software for internal use; leveraged highly knowledgeable engineering, development and support staff.
- Automated release management using custom written scripts and tools to interface with Git and BZR revision control systems; Automated generation of Make files and binary builds components of (e.g. ESXtop and vsish).
- Web applications and API development using Perl Dancer web-framework.
- Developed web-application used to assist support staf on complex storage and virtualization hardware and software issues.
- Setup and utilization bug and issue tracking software such as Trac, Helpzilla, Bugzilla, and Salesforce.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of vSphere server environments (ESX, vCenter)
- Implemented release-management processes and infrastructure to support development / testing / staging / production environments via distributed version control and auto-deployments.
- Wrote callback functions using JSONP to implement controlled cross-site scripting facilities.
- Wrote MS SQL connector and query scripts in Ruby using Sinatra and Active Record.
- Web-based interactive graph development with Open Flash Charts
PRODUCT ENGINEER / GLOBAL SUPPORT TOOLS DEVELOPER VMWARE INC
2007 – 2011
- Designer / developer of internal command-line and web-based tools for log analysis and future product version support.
- Designed / developed command-line and web-based applications for global technical support employees to troubleshoot storage hardware (SAN and Fiber Channel), software issues via log
analysis in Perl, jQuery and Dojo Toolkit.
- Designed / developed core-dump analysis tools for internal use, providing a web-based UI into the GNU Debugger.
- Developed information gathering and log analysis tools to query performance data from ESX Server using Perl.
- Lead development for refactoring of tools in company-wide transition of key business assets from MS SQL Server to Oracle 11g. Enhanced external customer data and experience in using portals.
BUSINESS CRITICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER,
- Managed inquiries and technical issues for key support contracts.
- Built customer environment profiles to develop disaster recovery and disaster avoidance plans.
- Supported organizations using VMware ESX Server v3 and v4
- Wrote maintenance and information gathering tools and scripts in Perl and Bash, some of which were approved for use in customer environments.
LEVEL 2 TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER
- Provided level 2 escalation support for VMware’s flagship products, VMware ESX Server and vCenter Server.
- Coding, scripting, log analysis, core-dump analysis
- Kernel level and block-level trouble-shooting
CO-FOUNDER / HEAD OF SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
- Co-founder of telecommunications start-up
- Focus on Internet gateway networking and Telecommunications
- Lead software development and information systems projects
- Succeeded in acquiring high-profile clients such as MacLaren McCann, Royal LePage Commercial, and the Brascan Group of companies.
- Design and development projects undertaken include:
- National mail flow and anti-spam systems
- Intrusion detection and response systems
- Network management and automation systems
- National data storage and backup systems
- International network monitoring and alerting systems
- DHCP and DNS management systems and redundancy
ASP DEVELOPER / CONTENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
- Lead software developer utilizing proprietary programming language developed by Aestiva LLC. in California, called HTML/OS.
- Hired to design and manage the development of Application Service Provider (ASP) software.
- Developed core components for the company’s signature software, the SiteHandlerTM System.
WEB SPINNERS CANADA INC
1996 – 2000
- Provided support on Linux servers and Windows based systems.
- Provided conference registration support services for various clients across Canada.
- Consulted on contracts with the Government of Canada (Environment Canada).
- Designed and developed interactive CD-ROM for the Aquatic Toxicity Workshop (Canadian Ecotoxicity Workshop).
TECHNICAL SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
LAW FIRM OF V.E. MISIR & ASSOCIATES
1999 – 2000
- Contract – Provided systems maintenance and technical support.
- Implemented file-sharing capabilities and helped with disclosure organization on CD-ROM.
- Worked exclusively with this client for six (6) months away from other Web Spinners projects
INTERN SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (CO-OP)
TORONTO YORK FINCH GENERAL HOSPITAL
1996 & 1997
- Worked as temporary Information Systems Support Technician in a short-staffed environment.
- Installed and configured the medical information access system, known as MEDITECH.
- Deployed wireless workstations throughout the hospital, including the ICU, OR, and Pediatric units.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Automation and Configuration Management using Chef, TechnoTrainer, 2017
- Agile Bootcamp Training (Scrum / Kanban) – Scrum Alliance / Ness Corp. Hosted by Ethoca, 2016
- BMC Bladelogic Foundations I and II – Audit, Compliance and Infrastructure Management, BMC Education Services, 2014
- Microsoft Transact-SQL Programming Certificate, Hands-on Technology Transfer Inc. 2012
- Red Hat RHCE Rapid Track (RH300), Global Knowledge, 2007
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) Virtual Infrastructure Certificate, Certificate in Advanced Virtual Infrastructure Troubleshooting VMware Inc, 2005
- Effective Project Management, Continuing Education Studies, Certificate Program, University of Toronto, 2003
- TCP/IP / Cisco Network Routing, Cisco IOS – Computer Network and Telecommunications Learning Centre, 2000
- Computer Programming and Analysis, Diploma Program, Seneca College, 1999
- Hospital Information Services, Co-operative Education Program, York Finch Hospital 1997
TECHNICAL SKILLS – PAST AND PRESENT
- Linux Development Platforms
- Linux Systems Administration
- Ubuntu, CentOS, Redhat
- Ruby / Python / Perl Programming
- Infrastructure Design and Automation
- Ansible, Chef orchestration frameworks
- Jenkins, Build and Release Management
- Revision Control (Git, SVN, BZR, Gitlab, Git-flow)
- DBIx-Class and Object Relational Mapping
- RESTful API design
- Docker, Micro-services and Containerization
- IT Project Planning, Project Management
- Database Administration
- jQuery / Bootstrap / Dojo Toolkit / CSS
- Functional Design / System Design, Infrastructure As Code
- Atlassian Tools, JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket
- Sonatype Nexus
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Microsoft SQL Server
- HTML/ XML