J. BOBBY LOPEZ
DEVOPS ARCHITECT, ETHOCA LTD.
- Design / document / diagram technical solutions
- Work with Chef / Ruby / Openstack / Docker
- Work with Confluent Kafka / Zookeeper
- Consulting to development and operations on various projects
DEVOPS MANAGER, ETHOCA LTD.
- DevOps resource management and technical leadership
- Process Engineering and Refinement
- Continuous Integration, Testing, Monitoring, and Measurement
- Increasing Deployment Speed and Regularity
- Faster Developer/Operations interactions and on-boarding
- Continuous Delivery to Production environments
IT LEAD, DEVOPS AND PRODUCTION OPERATIONS,
- Technical Lead for both Production Operations and Development
- Operations (DevOps) at Ethoca, reporting to the Director IT Operations.
- Spear-heading initiatives around DevOps principals, automation and Release Management
- Leveraged several solid productivity enhancing orchestration, automation, and virtualization tools and
platforms such as VMware vSphere, Ansible, Sonotype Nexus, Jenkins, Jira and Confluence on Linux-
based operating systems (Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS).
SR. BUILD AND RELEASE MANAGEMENT ENGINEER,
RBC CAPITAL MARKETS
2013 – 2014
Programmed automations in Ruby, Python, Perl, Bash, NSH, and Batch
Tasked with design and development leadership for next-generation release management core-
framework to integrate BMC Release Process Management, Bladelogic, Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence,
Maven, and Sonotype Nexus.
Designed reports and automations to enhance audit management and compliance
Maintained 10-20 deployments per day to a mix of production, UAT, QA, and development
Supported a mix of applications and platforms including Java (Maven, ANT), .Net (Nant), C++, Linux,
DEVELOPER ANALYST, GLOBAL SUPPORT OPERATIONS,
- Designed web-based quality assurance applications.
- Project lead of software tools inventory project spanning remote regions globally (NASA, EMEA, APAC).
- Developed web-based reports and graphs.
LEAD DEVELOPER, BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE SOLUTIONS,
2011 – 2013
- Led team in top-down conception, design, development and
- maintenance of custom internal web-applications and tools. Analyzed work-flow and built automated processes.
- Rapid prototyping of software for internal use; leveraged highly knowledgeable engineering, development and support staff.
- Automated release management using custom written scripts and tools to interface with Git and BZR revision control systems; Automated generation of Make files and binary builds components of (e.g. ESXtop and vsish).
- Web applications and API development using Perl Dancer web-framework.
- Developed web-application used to assist support staf on complex storage and virtualization hardware and software issues.
- Setup and utilization bug and issue tracking software such as Trac, Helpzilla, Bugzilla, and Salesforce.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of vSphere server environments (ESX, vCenter)
- Implemented release-management processes and infrastructure to support development / testing / staging / production environments via distributed version control and auto-deployments.
- Wrote callback functions using JSONP to implement controlled cross-site scripting facilities.
- Wrote MS SQL connector and query scripts in Ruby using Sinatra and Active Record.
- Web-based interactive graph development with Open Flash Charts
PRODUCT SUPPORT ENGINEER / GLOBAL SUPPORT TOOLS DEVELOPER, VMWARE INC 2007 – 2011
- Designer / developer of internal command-line and web-based tools for log analysis and future product version support.
- Designed / developed command-line and web-based applications for global technical support employees to troubleshoot storage hardware (SAN and Fiber Channel), software issues via log
analysis in Perl, jQuery and Dojo Toolkit.
- Designed / developed core-dump analysis tools for internal use, providing a web-based UI into the GNU Debugger.
- Developed information gathering and log analysis tools to query performance data from ESX Server using Perl.
- Lead development for refactoring of tools in company-wide transition of key business assets from MS SQL Server to Oracle 11g. Enhanced external customer data and experience in using portals.
BUSINESS CRITICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER,
- Managed inquiries and technical issues for key support contracts.
- Built customer environment profiles to develop disaster recovery and disaster avoidance plans.
- Supported organizations using VMware ESX Server v3 and v4
- Wrote maintenance and information gathering tools and scripts in Perl and Bash, some of which were approved for use in customer environments.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Agile Bootcamp Training (Scrum / Kanban) – Scrum Alliance / Ness Corp. Hosted by Ethoca, 2016
- BMC Bladelogic Foundations I and II – Audit, Compliance and Infrastructure Management, BMC Education Services, 2014
- Microsoft Transact-SQL Programming Certificate, Hands-on Technology Transfer Inc. 2012
- Red Hat RHCE Rapid Track (RH300), Global Knowledge, 2007
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) Virtual Infrastructure Certificate, Certificate in Advanced Virtual Infrastructure Troubleshooting VMware Inc, 2005
- Effective Project Management, Continuing Education Studies, Certificate Program, University of Toronto, 2003
- TCP/IP / Cisco Network Routing, Cisco IOS – Computer Network and Telecommunications Learning Centre, 2000
- Computer Programming and Analysis, Diploma Program, Seneca College, 1999
- Hospital Information Services, Co-operative Education Program, York Finch Hospital 1997
TECHNICAL SKILLS – PAST AND PRESENT
- Ruby / Python / Perl Programming
- Infrastructure Automation
- Ansible, Chef
- Build and Release Management
- Revision Control (Git, SVN, BZR, Gitlab)
- DBIx-Class and Object Relational Mapping
- API and RESTful architecture design
- BMC Bladelogic, BRPM, BSA
- Project Management
- Database Administration
- jQuery / Bootstrap / Dojo Toolkit / CSS
- Functional Design / System Design
- Atlassian Tools (JIRA, Confluence)
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Sonatype Nexus
- Ubuntu, CentOS, Redhat
- Microsoft SQL Server
- HTML/ XML
- Report Generation
- Hudson / Jenkins
- Project Planning /
- Requirements Gathering