World’s most popular Web Server powers nearly 400 million Websites across the globe
Numerous enhancements make Apache HTTP Server v2.4 ideally suited for Cloud environments. They include:
• Improved performance (lower resource utilization and better concurrency)
• Reduced memory usage
• Asyncronous I/O support
• Dynamic reverse proxy configuration
• Performance on par, or better, than pure event-driven Web servers
• More granular timeout and rate/resource limiting capability
• More finely-tuned caching support, tailored for high traffic servers and proxies.
Read the full press release at The Apache Foundation’s blog.